Saturday, October 4, 2008

Suzy Homemaker - at least for me!

I've been "Miss Suzy Homemaker" the last couple of days, well, at least for me. This summer Ray got some tomato plants from a co-worker. The last couple of weeks they have been finally giving us tomatoes. A couple of weeks ago I made homemade speghetti sauce! A first for me, it was yummy! I snuck some zuchinni & carrots in there, too!
We found that the tomatoes ripened faster in the kitchen sink, here is a sampling of some of them.
This past week I have been experimenting w/ making applesauce. I found a good recipe on Carolyn's blog - from the year of crockpotting blog. I tried it a few different ways, w/ the the little red hot candies, w/ and w/out cinnamon (only because a couple of people in my family said they don't like cinnamon) I liked it best w/ cinnamon! We got some apples from the farmers market, the applesauce is soo yummy! I also made applesauce muffins for breakfast and for preschool (Our topic for the week was the letter "A", so we had everything about apples on Tuesday).

1 comment:

Kathy Habel said...

Way to go Suzy! Fresh picked produce is the best.