After doing our yard project and lack of sleep from the fun 4th of July festivities, Ray and I were exhausted! We had to run to the store for a couple of things before Sunday. We went to Target and all decided to get icees, it is one of the kids favorite treats.
Melissa and Keagan had already gotten theirs, I was getting mine when "he" came up and started re-filling his icee cup. I touched his arm and said, you don't need to refill it, and then I looked into his face and it wasn't someone I knew, I thought it was Keagan. (He did have on a dark shirt like Keagan and a mohawk, close enough, right) So this boy looked at me strangely and I apologized, saying, "I'm sorry, I thought you were my son."
So, then, (I know it gets better) I was telling Melissa at the tables how embarrassed I was, she was laughing, and then covered her face, and said, oh no, and witnessed this -
Ray got done paying and went to get his icee and saw this boy who he thought was Keagan overflowing the icee cup, and the Ray took the cup from him and threw it away, and said, "they just told you not to fill it up so full."
I asked Melissa, did Dad do it, too, "Yes!" Then we heard Ray say, "Oh, I'm sorry!!! I thought you were my son." (Ray got him a new cup!)
(There was no parents around to apologize to, so we hurried up and got out of there, (to go home and get some extra sleep) dying laughing and Melissa mortified..... ahh we've done our job! :)
A Slow Cooker Thanksgiving
8 months ago







No comments:
Post a Comment