I remember when we first got married he didn't know how to do much. In his house growing up, you called someone to come do something. In my house growing up, it was the opposite. I didn't even know that you could call people to come do things for you.
He got the directions from the Internet. (What did we do before the Internet...?!?!) It was fun watching him measure more than twice, cut the wood, and place it all together. He even carried over some wood to our neighbors house in the wagon to use his miter saw.
I love our back yard! Especially in the summer time. We set up our canopy and have the swing (that we got for free on craigslist a couple of years ago) We got a new couch, so we brought out our "old" couch to make more room to sit and lounge. Now I think we need a party with all of our seating capacity! The couch will go downstairs when/before it starts to rain.
Here is our new couch. $5 at a garage sale!!! I've been wanting a different couch. I was tired of chaise lounge part of the old couch. When we first got it, it seemed cool, but then it wasn't really being sat on much and it was big and bulky in the living room. Also the couch cushions come off easily and get misshapen easily.
So we were out in between activities looking at a few garage sales. (BTW, Ray & I love garage sales!) There was 3 on one street, which is a bonus. I saw this couch and it had a sticker for $10 on it. We sat on it & I kept saying to Ray, I think we should get, really, I think we should!! He wasn't to sold on it. The owner of the garage sale said, $5 and 25 cents for every 15 minutes you sit on it! We got up and walked to the other 2 garage sales. The whole time I am saying to Ray, I think we should buy it, I think we should buy it! I was thinking for $5, even if it doesn't work out, we could re-sell it on craigslist. So obviously, I talked him into it. :) And we love it... At least for now.
Here is our new couch. $5 at a garage sale!!! I've been wanting a different couch. I was tired of chaise lounge part of the old couch. When we first got it, it seemed cool, but then it wasn't really being sat on much and it was big and bulky in the living room. Also the couch cushions come off easily and get misshapen easily.
So we were out in between activities looking at a few garage sales. (BTW, Ray & I love garage sales!) There was 3 on one street, which is a bonus. I saw this couch and it had a sticker for $10 on it. We sat on it & I kept saying to Ray, I think we should get, really, I think we should!! He wasn't to sold on it. The owner of the garage sale said, $5 and 25 cents for every 15 minutes you sit on it! We got up and walked to the other 2 garage sales. The whole time I am saying to Ray, I think we should buy it, I think we should buy it! I was thinking for $5, even if it doesn't work out, we could re-sell it on craigslist. So obviously, I talked him into it. :) And we love it... At least for now.







1 comment:
I love your new picnic table and your new couch. Too bad I can't try them out until next summer. I am really sad we're not visiting WA this summer. Like, really sad. But at least Landon gets to! You had better take lots of pictures of the boys together for me!
Post a Comment