Monday, November 8, 2010

The glass is half full

What a day! But amazingly enough I'm not bothered by it..

Last night we said goodbye to mom & Thom for a year, they were asked to extend their mission in Wy for a year. They came home, brought their RV back stayed for a week and a half and then had to go back out to WY.
We have had a great time the last week and a half visiting with them and enjoying their company.
The last couple of days Keagan has been complaining about a sore throat, so this morning he stayed home from school. I left him home while Darri & I went walking, telling him I wouldn't be gone that long.
In the middle of our walk Ray calls and says mom & thom broke down, they're at exit 99, it's their water pump.
After my walk I came home picked up Keagan and we went over there picked them up and took them to the auto parts store. We got to visit for a couple of hours while Thom fixed the water pump. Luckily the only thing I was going to do today was clean the house, laundry, & get ready for preschool tomorrow. Thom was teasing me that I will do anything to get out of house work as the day went on. I called my sister and she came over and we all had lunch together at the truck stop- subway. We talked about what a blessing it was that if they were going to break down at least it was here close to us and we got to visit more.
Thom got the truck all fixed and I said I'll wait until you leave to leave to make sure everything is ok. They got almost out of the parking lot and I started the van... or tried to start the van.. nothing! Not only that, but because I had rolled the window down (electric) there wasn't even enough juice to roll it up and it had just started to rain. I get out of the van and I'm trying to flag them down, waving putting up my hand in a stop formation (Ok, go ahead and laugh, I was) The battery in the van was dead!!!
Luckily they just went around the parking lot to make sure their problem was fixed, it wasn't - their truck was smoking, luckily it was just smoking because something needed tightened.
Ray to the rescue, with jumper cables, and I got to the school with 2 minutes to spare to pick up Jadyn & Aurora.
So I haven't been home all day, had a broken down car, but I got to have lunch with my mom, thom, Keagan, & sis. And I didn't have to clean my house. :) Hopefully that is all the adventures mom & thom will have before they get to WY!

3 comments:

Dedra said...

That does sounds like an awesome day! What a tender mercy to get a couple more hours with your mom before she goes away for a year. Lucky!

Les said...

Wow, what a day! But you have such a great attitude!

Kathy Habel said...

Glad you got some time with your mom. Great to get an update from you!