Saturday, August 2, 2008

Dance Festival

Dance Festival is finally over! It was July 25th and 26th. It was a great experience and amazing to see, but I am glad all of the practices are over with. They have been practicing since January! Melissa was also in the clogging speciality number, so she had extra Friday night practices.
My pictures didn't turn out in the Tacoma Dome, so here are some pictures from the Zone Preview in May in Shelton. Just imagine this times 3 or 4 more youth. I heard 2200 for the Tacoma Dome!




Melissa is the girl w/ her head down.
We just got an e-mail from her clogging specialty dance teacher that there is an article on lds.org about the dance festival. I'm sad I didn't get any pics of Melissa in her clogging outfit. The link is
http://newsroom.lds.org/ldsnewsroom/eng/news-releases-stories/2-200-mormon-youth-dance-in-washington-state-s-tacoma-dome. The link also has links to the article in the Olympian and the article in the News Tribune. I can't wait to see the dvd, hopefully it turned out good.

No comments: